Thursday, October 1, 2009

The egg came first...



Meet Humpty-Elvis.

I first created this mix of Humpty-Dumpty and Elvis Presley in chalk years ago for a street painting contest. It looked great there on the sidewalk until a passing rain washed it away some days later.

Since then I've tried to capture the image in various permanent medium, oils, acrylics, watercolor - but was not really happy with any of my efforts. Finally, I used a tech-pen for the line work, scanned it, and then did my coloring in Photoshop.

Am I happy with the final? Well, let's just say it's close enough after all these years, although there are other illustrators that would knock Humpty Elvis out of the park!

Oh wait - he's an egg, not a baseball.

3 comments:

  1. I like the coloring on the egg and the texturing on his suit. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment, Octopus Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete