Thursday, October 8, 2009

Indian Motif Chair





This is the second (and most likely last) chair that I will post. Like the previous chair this was also painted for a charity auction. Unlike the other chair however, I still have this one in my possession (highest bidder!)

Whereas painting the other chair went fairly quickly, this one took a number of weeks working in the evening. There was a lot of fine detail done with a small brush. The main image of the couple on elephant-back was fun to paint, but the repeated stylized peacock-feather shapes on the chair's legs and back were maddeningly tedious!

If I had to do it all over again, I would consider changing the base color of the chair from smokey purple to a complex red, say like an Indian red.

I always get tripped up by the obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment